To use the words of Alvin Toeffler: “The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn”. In this spirit, here at ThePowerHouse we have been discussing the future of fashion education by talking with experts from all over the world to rethink the current structure. How will we teach our students to prepare for the future of fashion? How will we teach the teachers to adapt?
Digitalization, 3D design, 3D printing, electronics in textiles, new materials: These topics are not only trends, they are the future of fashion and #TheFUTUREisNOW.
To approach this subject, we promoted a webinar about the future of fashion and innovation in design education with high-end forward thinkers and experts from across the globe. Now we are making this conversation public and inviting you to join us!
Who participated on the first webinar #CoreConversations:
- Dr Dionne L. Boyd, CEO & Founder of Image Architects & Management, and Professor at Polimoda and LIM College
- Gonçalo Cruz, Co-founder at PLATFORME
- Joanna Popper, Global Head of Virtual Reality for Location Based Entertainment at HP
- Katrin Redmann, Global Lead Innovation Portfolio SAP Next-Gen
- Leslie Holden, Co-founder The Digital Fashion Group
- Lisa Kohlert, VP of Business Development at CLO 3D
- Maghan McDowell, Innovation Editor of Vogue Business
- Sean Chiles, Co-founder The Digital Fashion Group
- Simon Walk, Co-founder of VISPA immersive workspaces
- Livia Pinent, Head of Research at ThePowerHouse,
- And Lisa Lang, CEO and Founder of ThePowerHouse.
Watch the webinar #CoreConversations: